Friday, November 13, 2009

QUICK TAKES FRIDAY



1. My oldest daughter asked me to scan and send pictures of her throughout her life for a school project. This has taken me a lot of time as she tended to make faces a lot and she was so frequently in pictures with her twin brother and not alone.


The thing that struck me the most though? Our kids have had full childhoods. We took them lots of places, involved them in sports and other activities, lived in nice homes and exposed them to many wonderful things all their lives. I am proud of that.
2. I also discovered that the last time I put a photo in a scrapbook was in 2001.


3. Tomorrow is the last soccer game of this season. Hurray!

4. I finally took a lot of my old gold jewelry in to a local shop to see how much money it would fetch. I really hesitated for weeks and sorted and resorted through it because I didn't want to feel like a sucker for selling it. But I was happy with the price and the money has been set aside for gifts.


5. I know that these economic hard times are spread across the country. It had hit our family in many ways, unemployment, lost retirement funds, drastically reduced business, stress up the wazoo. The only people in our family who are doing well are those employed in health care and in government jobs.
Guess what I am advising my kids to look into for their careers.

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a cute shot. I feel the same way you day about the childhoods we've given our kids. I would have loved to have had one as good as theirs.

Too true on the jobs.