Sunday, October 21, 2012

TIME WARP TUESDAY

Time Warp Tuesday was Jenn's idea - post pictures we keep around the house and tell the stories behind them - come play with us!


Truth be told, this photo is not up on the wall.  I keep it under the bed. 

Tom had this photo of me (taken when I was 25 a couple of years before we met),  made into one of those big canvas portraits and surprised me with it when we moved into a new house.  As I was 20 years older and maybe 80 pounds heavier - I did not take it well.  I took it as his indictment of my failing to maintain my looks.

He didn't mean it that way, but I was never able to put the picture up in the house. 

Now I look at it to see what I once was as I am preparing to undergo weight loss surgery today.  I hope that a year from now I will be able to see a picture of myself on the wall and recognise that young woman in myself again.

4 comments:

smalltownme said...

The beauty of your smile makes this photo special.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I already totally recognize that it's you. I hope today went well.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That will be wonderful.

michiganme said...

It's a beautiful picture! Good thoughts are being sent your way...