Thursday, March 1, 2018

CURIOUS ABOUT THE INCISIONS?

I am posting these photos - don't look if you don't want to know!!

The incisions were closed with surgical glue - which I didn't know until the big reveal two weeks in when the dressings were removed.  The glue is sort of purple and the incision was very puckery which made me nervous.  also the knees are very swollen.

Post surgery dressings

At 2 weeks when dressings removed

This is taken at almost 1 month.

And this is at 6 weeks.


The swelling has decreased - I still get discoloration like bruising when I have over done it - like standing or working out a bit too much. That is an indication of swelling, which I relieve with ice and elevation. Adding Advil has helped in the last 24 hours, too.

 I mentioned the SalonPas cream for tenderness in a previous post - it has helped. I have used lotion right up to the incision to relieve the itchiness and peeling skin - but followed doctor's orders and did not put anything on the incision until now.

The incisions are still puckery but so much improved I am not too concerned for the scar being too bad.  As you can see the right one is curved and the left one straight - didn't ask the surgeon about that! 

No comments: