Monday, July 8, 2013

TIME WARP TUESDAY

I think I am going to make all my Time Warp Tuesday photos this summer pictures of the kids during summer through the years.  Join all of us playing along with Jenn @ Juggling Life or just stop in to see our family photos.


 I am going to mix up the time frames - so last week was 2000 and this week is 1996.


We were living in Bellevue, WA then and as soon as school was out I tossed the kids in the car and drove for 2 days to get to the sunshine and warmth of California.  Most years to Tahoe where my parents had a vacation home or to Walnut Creek where I grew up and my dear sister Nancy lived.  In the photo here we were at the Oakland Zoo which has always been a favorite outing with the kids.

 

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

I went to the Oakland Zoo as a child and took my kids there too. Any pictures from Children's Fairyland? I loved that place too.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Sounds like a great end-of-school-year tradition.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Having grown up in the Seattle area, I totally understand skipping town and heading for warmer climate as soon as school is out!