Monday, March 2, 2009

WE NEED A NEW "R" WORD

I habe managed to catch another cold...so I was watching some afternoon TV and caught word of this new campaign.

I completely support this! I have been asking people to stop using the "R" word for a long time. I became aware of Downs Syndrome in the early 70's when my high school psychology teacher, Mrs. Mahon, confided in me that she had a Downs son and I met him. I was never tolerant of the use of the "R" word ever again and taught my children that it is an ignorant and hurtful word.




This PSA was created by 16 year old Noah Gray.

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Hear, hear.

lisahgolden said...

I'm so sorry about your cold. What a drag.

That's a great ad. I remind my kids and their friends that retard is not an acceptable term to throw about. They might think me a nag, but they need to know that it's just flat out not appropriate.