Thursday, April 15, 2010

QUOTE OF THE DAY

This was my quote of the day when I opened my home page this morning:

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"/ Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."
- Charles M. Schulz
So, yeah, the news that I did not get the job I interviewed for came as no surprise. Again, a good interview, actually, two interviews. They went with someone with "more closely related experience."
When I filled out the tax forms this week, I put homemaker as my occupation. I had the briefest of moments when I thought of putting loser in the space. But I recovered. It is tough out there for a lot of people, no point in taking it personally.

2 comments:

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

Oh....I just learned I did not get a job I interviewed for either. I say it's okay...but it's not. I need some Peanut Butter Cups to munch on...
Lindsey

Unknown said...

I've been unemployed since I was laid off in January 2009, so I've had a series of interviews for jobs I have not gotten. The most recent rejection was very disappointing, so I know whereof you speak. It can be disheartening, though I try to tell myself it just wasn't the right job for me. Hopefully the right job for us both will come along sooner rather than later. Here's hoping!