Monday, August 30, 2010

ANOTHER INTERVIEW


After my near miss encounter with the jaywalker the other day, I came down with a cold.  Karma?  I think not.  Rather the trip to the mall for school clothes, surrounded by hoards of people.  I need to start carrying that anti-bacterial stuff with me...

Anyway, I was laid low all week and weekend.  I watched  a great deal of some TV and felt very sorry for myself and ate pasta for the first time is many months.  I recovered enough to enjoy the first hour or so of the Emmy Awards last night and today I am up and in business casual dress for yet another job interview.  Business casual means I am not wearing pantyhose as another job seeking blogger mentioned the other day (hear anything Jen?) 

I am not sure why I applied for this job - I certainly never thought I would get a call.  Maybe that should be my new strategy?  It is a part-time position on the weekend in an Animal Emergency Center.  I like that it is 20 hours a week in 2 days, I like that it is on the weekend so I could still work with my sister during the week.  I know I could be calm and cool dealing with the situations I would encounter (both the people and the animal ones) and all in all I just thought - well, it is not ideal, but I could make some money.

It isn't like we do much of anything on the weekend.  On the other hand, if I am never available, we certainly never will do anything much!  I am a bit concerned about spoiling it for doing things with Ally - again, few and far between...

I have not discussed it with my husband because I suspect he will not understand or approve my thinking and at this point - why bother since I have yet to be offered a job.  So I am going in to see how it goes.  Nothing gained, nothing lost.

5 comments:

knittergran said...

Good luck!
I couldn't do that job-I'd end up trying to adopt every animal that came in, even the ones who already have homes!

lisahgolden said...

Interesting. I'll be curious to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

I hope it goes well tomorrow!

No, haven't heard anything yet, but didn't expect to either. The other finalist came in today, the team is meeting tomorrow to decide, and then I'll hear something on Wednesday.

michiganme said...

Good strategy re: not discussing it with anyone ahead of time. Too many opinions tend to paralyze me.

I fantasize about getting a part time job during the dinner hour cause I'm tired of that evening routine:). MIME

Glennis said...

Good luck! Could be a great experience if you get it. I came over from Mrs. G's, saw you in her blogroll and remembered seeing you comment on The Women's Colony before.