Monday, April 4, 2011

SMALL KEYPAD, OLD HANDS


I sent a text to my daughter this weekend.  She  responded that I should check out this website:  whenparentstext.com. Later on while I had down time at work I checked it out and was stifling giggles and guffaws so I wouldn't draw too much attention to myself...and I wondered if she thinks my texts are as "parent like" as some as these:

April 1, 2011



What Happens In Vegas
Mom: You have been in Vegas for 24 hours now and haven’t checked in. Call me!


(5 Hours Later)


Mom: CALL ME! I just watched a show on girls that go missing on vacation! I don’t know where you are or who you’re with. You need to check in with your mother!


(1 day later)


Mom: If I was with you right now would I be happy or would I be sad?



March 31, 2011



YouTube
Mom: Where can I watch the new Lady Gaga music video?


Me: Try youtube.


Mom: Whose tube?


Me: Youtube mom, its a website.


Mom: Do I have a tube?

March 29, 2011



PF Changs
MOM: We are at pf changs and i am drunk. Do you want sausage in your lasagna?



March 26, 2011



Care Package
ME: i got the package with my charger in it today. thanks for the shoes! that was a nice surprise!


MOM: You’re welcome. Did you notice the leftover crackers we put in there?


ME: umm yeah…


MOM: Well no one here was going to eat them



March 26, 2011



A Serious Crime
MOM: I just wanted to let you know that if you ever committed a serious crime, I wouldn’t turn you in.


MOM: But I would really encourage you to turn yourself over to the police.


(15 minutes Later )


Mom: tonight I’m making tex-mex!

March 25, 2011



When Grandparents Text:

Grandma: Hey honey!


Me: uh hi g-ma.


Grandma: What’s ‘G-ma’?



March 25, 2011



First and Last
Mom: Hi Honey, this is my first text ever! It has taken me over 10 minutes to type so I think I’ll just stick to calling. Love, Mom

I could go on and on adding to these examples. There are just so many, may I say, LOL funny ones on this site.  Check it out when you need a good laugh!  So I am not sure if my daughter was suggesting that my texts might make it into print someday...but I will have fun monitoring for them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 83-year old dad sent his first text to me ever last week. It went to one of his friends who then forwarded the text to me and typed "WTF?" Most of his friends are devoutly religiously so I seriously doubt if this guy even knows what "WTF" stands for. LOL
Jan

Walker said...

I just happened the see the site the day you texted me -- so funny!