Monday, December 31, 2012

THE RESOLUTION

I wish I was one of those wonderful, insightful people who could look back over the year coming to an end and call up the meaningful and important things to discuss in a post. 

I tend to be more of the moment - which is sometimes a good thing, but often I feel that my reactions and actions are too short sighted and often self-centered.  I have 59 years of experience behind me and a fairly good outlook to guide me - yet I often react with poor judgement and negativity.

In the year ahead I plan to change that.  To let the moment be, but to take a breath and call on my better self before reacting and acting.

I am inspired by Barb and her post about becoming a "Love Ninja".  It is a great post and worth taking time to click over to read. She calls on herself and others to join in. To act in love and kindness - and I have pledged to do that in the new year.

That and get back to the gym...

3 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Happy New Year- it plans to be a great one.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have ordered it but haven't read it yet, but the book, "Feel Good: The New Mood Therapy" teaches a lot of the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills that have been so helpful to my family.

smalltownme said...

I have such good intentions but then I get behind some stupid tourist driver and it all goes to hell!

Happy New Year!