Thursday, May 16, 2013

FRIDAY FAST ONES

1.)  I am still adjusting to the new job, still really like it but come home tired every night.  I am hitting the gym 2
times a week on my way home but thinking maybe going more often might up my stamina?  The housing market in the Bay Area is going gangbusters and the staging business is hopping - so that means we are on the run all day, every day to keep up!

I did turn in my vacation schedule today - off to Idaho for a family thing at the end of July.

2.)  I am happy that I am able to collapse in the evenings in front of one of my favorite shows - So You Think You Can Dance!  It is such a positive and uplifting show and Tom and I have been laughing and cheering through the current audition shows.

I am not a big basketball fan - but Tom has been watching our Golden State Warriors win many more games than anyone thought possible!

3.)  This Saturday we are going to ride our bikes into Livermore and watch the Amgen Tour stage 7 start in the downtown area before they head up Mt Diablo for a day of hill climbing!  The riders arrive and mingle with the crowds for an hour before the start, there will be a parade and booths, etc. They are also going to have big screen TV's so they can televise the riders on the route.  No sure we will hang out all day but it should be fun to be a part of the Tour de California!

4.)  I am hoping to take down the tarps and get my mosaic area up and running for the season.  I have missed my hobby time.

5.)  I hope Spring smells good where you are!  I am loving the gardenias outside our office and the jasmine in my yard makes my whole house smell wonderful each evening.

3 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I look forward to seeing what you create in your mosaic area this summer. And yes, I'd love to meet up with you in late July if it works out with both of our schedules!

shrink on the couch said...

It's been awhile so bear with me. Three teens in the house going every which way and 2/3 of the time I'm driving. So have not made time for blogging. I miss it.

So you're doing the staging job with your sis? Going gangbusters? Hooray!! Beats your night job, right?

I find that brisk walking in the evenings builds my stamina. Or, I'm less tired at the end of the day, let's say that. I believe a full work out with weights would be even better but I'm not at that place right now. I'm too busy playing scrabble and scramble on my phone. Sucky me.

As for my hobby time, I've been doing more gardening. Planting seeds and digging beds and moving rocks. Its good exercise, keeps me out in the fresh air and sun and close to my car - taxi-mom needs to be at her post at all times.

Ooh Jasmine. Wish I had some in my yard.

Spring has been wonderful here in Austin. Record mild temps. 95 expected today so it's Hello, Summer! Ready or not, here she comes.

smalltownme said...

The tour flew by on a nearby highway but I didn't bother to go out for the few minutes it would take to see them. I miss the time trial. Our town did bid for it this year but Amgen wanted too much money and concessions.