Sunday, June 23, 2013

BUSY WEEKEND - BUT NO BIKES!

Mom, me and my sisters Polly and Nancy
That has been a busy week.  On Thursday we gathered to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday.  We just did a dinner and cake as later in the summer we are having a family gathering to celebrate both my parent's turning 80, their 60th anniversary, my aunt's 70th birthday and my 60th birthday - a whole bunch of milestones in one year.

Then Saturday I volunteered with my sister Nancy at a breast cancer walk and then in Sunday I got to visit with my good friend who was visiting from Seattle.  My friend is the one who funded my weight loss surgery and this is the first time we have seen each other since then  - 120 pounds later.  I am kicking myself because though I had my camera, I forgot to take a photo of us together.

3 comments:

knittergran said...

Happy Birthdays! And a very Happy Anniversary!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Fun times! And I will assume that you were having such a good visit with your friend that taking a picture would have been an intrusion on that time. (A welcome intrusion, perhaps, but still not the first thing on your mind!)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a joy to have this time with your mom and sisters.

You look fab!