Wednesday, February 7, 2018

FINALLY A CANE

I have been wanting to move on from the walker since week 2 - just a matter of graduating from the clunky equipment to something more subtle.  Not that I didn't NEED the support and ease of the walker, but once I started taking multiple steps without any aid, it seemed like more than I really needed.

Then we went to the store and I was so glad I had the support of the walker.  I am accustomed to moving swifty and surely around the store. Not the case when shopping with my spouse.  I am following my list and simply needed him to follow me and put the items in the cart - but he kept wandering off  and playing with stuff he found on the shelves.  Sigh. Can't wait until I can drive again.

The only other thing I find I miss abut the walker is the bags we had attached for my stuff.  I could easily transport my phone, Kindle, cup, notebook, etc. Now it takes more thought and balancing than I am sometimes up for.  Might have to start wearing a little back pack around the house!