They say never grocery shop when you are hungry. I have learned it is very expensive to grocery shop when you are feeling sad.
When I feel sorry for myself I spend $153.00 on things like:
1. Pate (2 kinds)
2. A nicely shaped pot I can put mosaic tile on even though I have 3 at home waiting to be similarly adorned.
3. Four sweet indulgences which I hope will last 2 weeks until I shop again - they won't.
4. Shrimp - because no shrimp packing plants are under siege - yet.
5. Three kinds of cheese even though I already have 2 kinds in the frig.
6. A $2.00 avocado - which will never be worth what I spent.
7. Three kinds of berries not on mark down.
8. Green onions to replace the 2 slimy bags of green onions I removed from the frig.
I also bought some ground lamb and chicken - because meat packing plants. Four greeting cards which I need to swear off because they are ridiculously expensive. I have been saying that for about 2 years now, it is an addiction.
I couldn't buy any Lipton Tea and a few other things on my actual list. There were many more empty shelves throughout the store than I have seen before. My cupboards and refrigerator are full - no more shopping just for something to do.
Except for plants at the nursery...