Friday, September 26, 2008

A BIG THANK YOU TO "THE VIEW"


No matter what you might think about the TV show "The View", they were actually ground breaking last week when they interviewed McCain. Joy Behar, used the word LIE with regard to some of the McCain ads. My husband and I have been wondering why all the media folks have not been calling the candidates on all the lies. They have been so namby pamby, not calling either candidate on their ads and statements. But since footage of The View was shown around - all of a sudden CNN can't say lies often enough.

I am sure this has been an effort to appear unbiased. After McCain cancelled an interview on Larry King because his handlers thought Campbell Brown went "over the line" when attempting to elicit an actual straight answer from one of McCain's spokesmen. Right on cue Bush and the Republicans started in on their "elite media" and "angry left" rant and everyone backed down. At least until the ladies of The View got a positive response for calling a lie a lie.

I do fault the media for making every little gaff or misstatement a circus. Enough with the damn pigs and lipstick. But I must say I can't see the Palin/Clinton Saturday Night Live opener enough. My only complaint...Clinton should have offered up a pair of ovaries - not balls. We all know which equipment is made of stronger stuff.

No comments: