Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'M SO EASY


Our phone died and Tom brought home a new one with 2 phones, so one is plugged in at the desk in the kitchen, and the other is in the family room. This is cool because it saves us from having to jump up and charge into the kitchen to answer it within the 3 rings allowed before it goes to message.


The feature we didn't realize it had was the mechanical voice stating who is calling. After we got over being startled by it, we were creeped out. (Does anybody say creeped out anymore?) The strange thing about the voice now is it's complete inability to say the names of my children correctly.


Which brings me to the subject I have seen discussed on various blog about using the real names of your family and others you write about. When I started blogging a couple of years ago, I never used the names of my kids. When my oldest daughter asked why, I thought it was to protect them, but, really? I can't think of the danger to them unless someone actually finds this blog and recognises our family and then ...what?


So, the phone voice can't pronounce Ally or Zac or Mags, well, it does ok with Mags. It would really sound funny if I programmed it to read Maggie. I keep thinking of things to program it to say - just for a laugh. Sometimes I amaze myself with how easily I am entertained.

No comments: