Sunday, September 28, 2008

Why Mrs. Brightside?




I have gone through several names and templates and host sites and I think I have settled in to Mrs. Brightside. I am, by nature an optimistic person. Which is not to say that I am always Suzy Sunshine. I tend more to looking at both sides, walking in the shoes, making lemonade and it could have been worse, a lot worse.


This blog naming thing catches me when I am working to lose MOM as my first identity. I will always be mom to my 3 children - but it is the MOM I need to put move down the list a bit. So when I started out with a blog title I was thinking about "A Little Less Laundry" in reaction to the reality of having 2 fewer kids at home. And "Mosaic Mom" because I make mosaics as a hobby or "Momrocs" because that has been my e-mail address and vanity plate for years. When I became resolute to drop the mommyness - I was lost.


So who am I these days? I am in my mid-fifties and I am still wondering who I am, what I will become - who woulda thought?


What I do know is that at the core of me is a thoughtful, smart and positive person. I have a gift for looking at the bright side of things. And that is a good place to start.

No comments: