Thursday, September 3, 2009

MORE SEX SELLS


I caught a bit about this on CNN so I looked it up - it is real.
One commenter said "Well, now I know where all the $1 bills from the Monopoly game went." It is ripe for all kinds of jokes, but what do we expect?
We have allowed this kind of stuff to be made so common and mainstream that it barely causes a stir. Miley Cyrus, a sixteen year old girl in short shorts straddles a stripper pole at an awards show and very few eyebrows were even raised. A few commenter's said of the doll: "Available in Walmart for Christmas." and it probably will be. So many people think it is cute to sexualize their kids and everything else in their lives.
I don't deny adults the right to express themselves as sexual beings. I am just tired of the constant focus of so much TV, movies, magazines, fashions, advertising and popular culture on sexy, sexy sexy, sexy, sexy. Of course the kids are going to buy in. We aren't giving them any other options, really.

3 comments:

knittergran said...

Yikes! That's all I can think to say...Yikes!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is so disturbing.

Anonymous said...

That doll is just all kinds of wrong.