Friday, September 25, 2009

SEVEN QUICK TAKES FRIDAY


First, a couple of political thoughts this week:


1.) Why is it Sarah Palin can go to China and bad mouth our country and our President and be called "unpatriotic" and "anti-American"?


2.) Why is it the FBI and the NY can bust a terrorist group with plans to and this administration gets no credit for "keeping us safe" ?


3.) The UN Security Council, at the first meeting chaired by our President, unanimously passed a U.S.-drafted resolution that endorses the eventual goal of "a world without nuclear weapons. Then they confronted Iran about their clandestine program which appears to be in violation of "peaceful" nuclear use.
On to Entertainment:


4.) I thought the Emmy Awards Show was terrible. It dragged and the animation clip was horrific. I am tired of them showing the same handful of celebrities on the red carpet - I want to see all the arrivals, not a few stilted interviews.


5.) I sobbed through a very emotional two hour Grey's Anatomy show last night. I didn't especially like the George character, but I thought, as usual, the writing on that show is so wonderful and engaging.
At home:
6.) Ally is off to Ashland Oregon with her drama class to attend the Shakespeare Festival. She has gone before and come back walking on air after seeing 4 performances, attending workshops and visiting behind the scenes. Also from lack of sleep and good nutrition!
7.) The above means Tom and I are FREE this weekend. No soccer, no practice driving, no shuttling her around for her social life or shopping.
Have a nice weekend!!

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Did I miss the premiere of Grey's? I certainly hope not.

A pox on Sarah Palin.