Friday, October 29, 2010

FRIDAY FAST ONES

1.)  I have harassed my daughter living in Philadelphia for having no interest in attending the Jon Stewart Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear being held in Washington DC this weekend.  She has shown little interest in DC at all in the years she has lived there despite my constantly professed love for the city and it's museums.  Sigh.

My son and I would go to the rally in a heartbeat.  We would get ideas for cool signs here.

2.)  I admit that I don't watch baseball all the time.  But I have attended a number of Giants games over the years and will call myself a fan.  So- GO GIANTS!!

3.)  Ally got her SAT scores and was surprised to find out that she scored higher than all of her friends.  Why is it you can tell a kid all her life how smart she is and she just fights the idea? 

4.)  If we can believe the polls, it looks like we are going to vote to keep Boxer in the Senate and put Brown in the Governor's office.  Not that they are going to be able to do much to fix California.  We are in a big mess.  At least we won't have amateurs in office with questionable agendas.  And a big bottom line for me is the pro-choice issue.

I like the political sentiment I read somewhere that said something like:  Ok, vote the bums out of office but don't replace them with idiots.

4.)  The upside of losing my job is that I can go to Monterey on Sunday and take my son out to breakfast for his birthday.  What are you doing this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that losing your job was upsetting, but I do like your up side! Lunch in Monterey sounds good to me.

I live two hours from DC and am not going to the Rally. Instead, we're hunkered down here in my house because President Obama will be speaking at a rally a mile away in a few hours. Road closures, public transportation cancellation, and other madness has ensued.

smalltownme said...

Enjoy your weekend. We're cooking dinner for my father-in-law's birthday.

Karen said...

Congrats to your daughter:) I wonder if it is a girl thing. When I was growing up it was very uncool for girls to be smart.