Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I STILL MISS MY TOVA

 A while back I posted about my search for a new fragrance, which is yet to be found.   I wore a perfume called TOVA for  10 years and loved it. That phrase from Jerry Maguire "you complete me."  That was me and TOVA.   
Then QVC purchased the TOVA company and they reformulated the perfume.  Some say to make it more cheaply, some say the ingredients are no longer available.  All I know is that I have not heard a great outcry that other perfumes were changed - just TOVA, so the ingredients not available thing sounds like an excuse from QVC.

For a while I found a reputable seller on eBay who had acquired some of the original perfume and I paid double the price in order to have it - a squeeze on my budget at $80.00!   That seller ran out and I was not in a position to pay the ever inflating prices for more of the few remaining bottles, so I have gone perfumeless. 

Just on a whim I checked on eBay to see if there was any more available,  I found half used bottles sellers claim to have found in the back of the closet selling for $76.00 and $100.00.  The 3 new bottles that were up for auction were selling between $250. and $300.00!

It strikes me that QVC could go back to the original, quality formula and still make a boatload of money because there are so many of us out here at significant levels of desperation to get our favorite scent again.

Of course, since QVC claims they have not changed the formula at all, ever, in any way they might have to come up with some kind of new name for it.  But those of us who love the fragrance will accept a TOVA by any other name.

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

My favorite toothpate was discontinued. I found some on eBay, but now I'm down to the last tube and can't find anymore. Sad face!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Wow--this makes me want to smell it.

I have worn Estee Lauder Beautiful since my husband first gave me some when I was in my early twenties. It really agrees with my body chemistry and I get tons of compliments.

Good luck finding something!