Friday, April 20, 2012

GIVING IN TO DESIRE

  I went into Marshall's last week in my quest to find some shoes to buy which will dispense with my desire for these J Crew flats which are just too expensive at $158.
I would wear them constantly. Really.


I didn't find any shoes but I did find a great purse that immediately became an object of desire.  At $130. I was equally put off.  But I just kept thinking about it. So I decided when I went back a week later for something else, if it was still there, I would buy it.


Not exactly the bag, but close. It has a couple of outside pockets and another band of white at the top.
 It was and I did. And I don't feel bad about it at all.

 I still want the shoes, though.

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

They are cute...

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Have you tried on those shoes yet? I suggest doing so to see how they feel.

If they feel good and you still want them, you might try searching for them on eBay and then saving the search and having eBay email you every time those shoes are listed in your preferred size and color. There was a pair of J. Crew Cece flats that I wanted, but didn't want to drop three-figures on, so I waited patiently for a few months and eventually a pair in the right size and color ended up on eBay. I think I ended up getting them for 50% of their catalog price and they were new in the box.