Sunday, April 1, 2012

GET UP AND DO IT AGAIN

I made it through the first week of working 2 jobs.  I was really tired by Friday.  I went to the gym and soaked in the whirlpool tub and steam room until my muscles were wobbly instead of achy.  That and 9 hours of sleep on Friday night revived me.

This week will be easier.  The person taking some of my schedule is available to work on Wednesday and Thursday, so those two days I will only be working at my new job.

With the extra funds from working so many hours I am going to hire in a housecleaning service.  Some women love to get a facial, a massage or a new outfit for a splurge.  I will always go for a professional housecleaning.  The luxury of coming home to a house cleaned from top to bottom (and not  by me) is just bliss.

6 comments:

hokgardner said...

Good for you. I'd love to have a cleaning service come right about now. I've lost control of the mess.

knittergran said...

I agree! I explain to my husband that there is no way I can have the whole house clean at the same time. It's a treat.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm with you on the house cleaning service. That's what would thrill me most.

Wenderina said...

About 10 years ago, after working another 60 hour week...about 12 in a row...I hired a wonderful woman (aptly named Joy) to clean our townhouse. It was such a fabulous thing we hired her for 2 times a month. Fast forward to present and she is still with us. New house. New town. Same joy. Every time we thought we should stop to save money, we looked around our lovely clean home and scraped up the funds.

Tricia said...

I think a house cleaner is a great solution. With me being home I can do the cleaning, if I was at work I know hubby would not pitch in (he has male dirt blindness) So it just makes sense to pay someone to do the cleaning.

shrink on the couch said...

My kinda professional service. I've always hated housecleaning. Few years learned I'm highly allergic to dust. There ya go. A medical excuse. I should see if my health insurance will cover my cleaning woman.