Wednesday, December 10, 2008

FEELING THE HOLIDAYS

We are happily busy at work. I am putting in 10 plus hour days ( less than last year which was insanely busy.) I am making it home at a decent hour to get dinner on for Tom and Ally, but not too much else is getting done - I'm pretty tired out.

The excitement of the holidays are beginning to creep up. I am humming Christmas tunes and I have started decorating. (I have to have some nice photos to share on Jen on the Edge's Holiday House Tour on December 20.) I bought supplies to make gingerbread and am trying to finish my homemade gifts.



Soon to be appearing at my house - sisterly hijinks's!

My Maggie is coming home on December 18 and I cannot decorate the tree until she is here. I am under orders. She is a tough but sentimental girl. She wants to unwrap and reminisce over the ornaments. Each year since our children were born we have gotten them an ornament which is symbolic of the year in some way. When they grow up and have their own homes, I will send them all the ornaments to decorate their own trees.

I am feeling that holiday spirit - now I just have to deal with the whole shopping thing, and the cards and the wrapping and the shipping and - oh, well. It will all get done somehow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing picture.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to get your girl back. I love that she wants you to wait for her before you decorate.