Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I AM TUESDAY'S PROMPT

This week, tell us who you are, what’s inside, where you’re from. Share your memory fragments, those visions in your head, those figments that make you, you. What bits and pieces formed your whole? Are you whole? Tell us.


I am from a hot valley town surrounded by mustard fields and dusted by peat.

I am from hand-me-downs and housefuls and playing outside 'till long after dark.

I am from sewing machines and pixie cuts and shared rooms.

I am from drive-ins, dill pickles, huckleberries and basements.

I am from bare feet, chlorine scented hair, bikes and campfires.

I am from short skirts, long hair, protest songs and proms.

I am from sun bleached beaches, cool libraries, politics and parties.

I am from books, music, writing, friends and ideas.

2 comments:

San Diego Momma said...

I am from loving this prompt.

I am from adoring the "drive-ins, dill pickles, huckleberries and basements."

I am from I hope I see you next week for more good stuff like this.

tinsenpup said...

That's beautifully nostalgic. Lovely.