Monday, October 13, 2008

A MONDAY IN THE LIFE

I am particpating in a world-wide event tday! A day in the life chronicle with photos as instigated by my fav Mrs. G.

At 6:08 our dog, Hilda, began to bark, Tom yelled at her and she waited until 6:12 to bark again. I got up and let her out. I would be cranky about this but she is always so happy to see me and wags her tail cutely. I heat water for tea and turn on the news, make my fav breakfast (peanut butter toast with honey) and look at the parts of the Sunday paper I haven't read yet.
When Ally's alarm gets so loud I can hear it downstairs, I go up to raise the dead - err - kid. Actually, she has been getting up on her own very nicely lately - but it IS Monday. We get dressed and head off to school. She protested my taking a picture in front of people, then leaned back into the car to approve it. I drove the 10 miles to work, a lovely cool morning, I would have taken pictures of the hills and the sparkly water at Shadow Cliffs Regional Park, but if I am not allowed to use a hand held phone in the car, I figured I shouldn't be taking pictures out the window. Trust me, it was a pretty morning drive.

Suddenly the morning took a turn for the unusual, my "Air Pressure Low" warning light came on. I high tailed it to a service station with air pumps and checked things out - looked ok. I'll let Tom take care of it tonight. This may well be the most exciting thing that will happen today!
I continued on my way and arrived at work at Kyle Design where our slogan is "Put Art in your Cart." We are a web based art studio, selling customizable gifts and home decor. I start out by checking on our weekend orders, aswer e-mails and phone messages and write a blog post on my work related blog called My Art Filled Life.
I have two areas where I spend most of my day. My desk and the packing area. I go back and forth between the two which is nice because I hate to sit all day and I like a lot of variety. I like having a job that isn't sedentary. I make boxes and then pack them full of our products and label them and ship them off to happy customers. I answer the phones and work with our production staff, order stuff and laugh with my co-workers. I like my job. Kyle is a wonderful woman, artist, mom, and friend.

I head home at about 5 and start dinner when I walk in the door. Tonight it is an easy dinner because I have so much salad stuff left over from our Homecoming Dinner (see previous post). Hilda helped me with the dishes and then I sat down to see what other folks had done with their day in the life posts. As usual, I am significantly more wordy than everyone.
I spent an hour or so trying to reduce the pile of ironing on the guest room bed - I watched CNN while I was ironing, got depressed and I came back downstairs to start this post.
The rest of the evening I will read more blogs and try to knock off a few chapters of my book club book. Nothing I like to watch on Monday tv, so I'll toddle off to bed around 10.
Thanks Mrs G for inviting me!






1 comment:

Glennis said...

Love it. How many of our cohorts' "routine day" posts have dealt with animals?

If my family had not just recently lost our two elderly dogs, my post would have been chock full of the details of caring for geriatric dogs!

The readers are grateful, I suspect.

Oh, and the other two common subjects shared by Mrs. G's corespondents are Coffee and Laundry.