Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Many Homes


I realized today that I actually have many homes - or at least many hometowns - or many places to which I have an attachment.


My son is at school in Monterey. I have visited Monterey many times and like it very much. But now I always check to see the weather report as if I need to dress for the temperature there. I have an interest in the local activities as if I am going to attend them...strange.


I have a daughter at school in Philadelphia. I have visited there 3 times. On my last visit she very proudly wore me to a stub showing off her city. Now when I see movies and TV shows set there, I actually recognise places.And say Oh, that is such and such a place, I've been there. I know when it snows - and not just because she still calls me every time to tell me with great excitement that is is snowing - but because I watch the weather reports from there, too.


In 2 or 3 years when graduate school and our younger girl going to college start - just think of the real estate I'll have an interest in.

No comments: