Friday, July 30, 2010

FRIDAY FAST ONES

1. The job interview went very well.  It was pretty informal and was apparently the screening before the more formal interview with the higher up management person.  So I think I might be asked back for another interview.  I seemed to hit the right notes with the two women who interviewed me.  Thanks for the good wishes and I'll keep you posted...

2.  Since some have asked.  The business my sister and I are starting is a Home Staging business for people putting their houses on the real estate market.  My sister Polly is an interior designer and has been doing some staging and wants to expand that part of her business, but with 3 youngsters at home she is really busy - I am not so busy and have the marketing skills - so it is a good fit! 

I am building a website, a blog and writing marketing materials.  If I get a full time job, I will not be able to do what I would like to help the business, but I will do what I can evenings and weekends.  If I don't get a full time job, I will make the business my full time job and help with the staging and the face to face marketing to Realtors.  I will also market my organizing abilities on an hourly basis for people who don't have time to clean closets and cupboards before selling their homes.

3.  I went to the doctor about my knee pain and had x-rays.  As my sister predicted it is osteo-arthritis, which is the pre-cursor to the cartilage  breaking down which leads to the knee replacements which run in our family.  I spent time with the physical therapist working on exercises and talking about whether glucosamine really works, she takes it, so I guess I'll keep on taking it, too.

We talked about the new study using stem cells to grow cartilage which they are hoping will mean we can grow our own knee replacements!  Someday...

4.  Ally is done with summer school so I am going to see if I can haul her to off to the gym with me.  Then I need to fortify the fence around my tomato plants because the critters keep stealing my crop.  The dog needs a bath and I have a pile of ironing.  Oh the glamour! 

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that the initial interview went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one.

The new business sounds very interesting!

I've been taking glucosamine for my knees for nearly a year and it's made a big difference. I'm no longer waking up in the middle of the night because of throbbing pain, nor am I limping around during the day. In fact, I've been running a lot lately and have had NO knee troubles at all.

lisahgolden said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the interview process! And the staging company sounds great. I'm wishing you all the best on that!

Lori R. said...

Sounds like the new job was something that you would like to do, wonderful! but the staging thing, that would be a blast!!! So do I pray for the job or NOT for the job? hmmm.....
Glad all is well and good luck with stealing critters. I have found that if they want in, they will get in! Have a wonderful weekend....