Monday, July 5, 2010

LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER




It has been an uneventful weekend. A bit lazy in fact. I have drifted from a bit of gardening in the cooler part of the day to a little housekeeping. Some reading of my new book club selection "The Irresistible Henry House" which is pretty irresistible.



I have almost finished a new mosaic pot which is an homage to the new stripy umbrella for my mosaic area. In fact I sat right there, under the umbrella to read my book, iced tea at my side for an hour or so yesterday. Anyway, you can't see it well in this picture, but there is a purple stripe and a creamy yellow and the green in the umbrella isn't quite as foresty as the one I am using on the pot, but that's what make it an "homage" I suppose! I will grout it black and plant it later in the week.


Ally spent the weekend in Tahoe with friends and Tom has been either riding or working on his bikes. I had to go rescue him this morning when he had a break down while riding many miles from home, he wasn't hurt, unlike some of the riders on the Tour de France which we have been watching a bit.


I finally watched "It's Complicated" last night. I am probably the last woman in my age group to see it - it was fun, but so much of it had been revealed in the previews and promotional clips that very little was a surprise. That is the problem with waiting so long to see things. I promised Ally that I would save "Nine" to watch with her when she gets home. Which should be about 3 hours from now...
Hope the long weekend was as restful or activity filled as you wished!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your pot! I want to make one! Off to read more, found you thru Sarahs comments.

Anonymous said...

Love love that pot! I need to learn how to do. I am off to read past posts. I saw you on Sarah's comments. Any friend of Sarahs I will be sure to love!

jenn said...

I love the colors in that pot. You'll have to post a how-to some day to show how you do the mosaic work. It's beautiful!

lisahgolden said...

I love that pot! You are so talented. It was a nice weekend here. Not too much going on, just the way I like it.

shrink on the couch said...

Your mosaic pot is gorgeous. Love the colors and the fact that it will coordinate with your umbrella. Mostly though, I just admire your crafty talent. I'd love to do some mosaic tile craft.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

We thought we were going to relax, but ended up going all day long--5 a.m. to 10 p.m.

I think your mosaics are really great.

Nan said...

Love the pot.