Monday, April 8, 2013

TIME WARP TUESDAY

Time Warp Tuesday and I am prepared this week!  Hosted by Jenn - a chance to show our favorite photos and tell the stories behind them.  Check out the other participants here.

It is softball season here. Every time I pass by the sports park and see all the kids there I go back in time. We spent many years on those fields and fields all around the Bay Area with the summer traveling teams.


Zac played baseball for many years, too, until he was diagnosed with Osgood Slaughter disease making his knees too painful to play. Maggie played from first grade (on a Little League team because there was no softball where we lived) until she discovered rowing as a junior in high school. The last year she played the regular season in the league (before playing for her high school) her team came in 3rd in the Western Championships. We got to go to Santa Fe New Mexico for that tournament. Ally played until middle school when she switched to soccer 2 seasons a year.



Ally during her first season of tee-ball.

Maggie playing summer ball at a tournament in Tahoe.

Tom and I got very into photography during those years and took hundreds of photos which we made into memory books for the girls on the teams.



2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I bet those memory books are hugely treasured by kids and parents alike!

(How did I miss that you are in the Bay Area? My son is hoping to attend college down there in the fall of 2014.)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love it! That second picture is the same uniform colors as my daughter's all-star teams wore. So much fun!