Saturday, November 15, 2008

PANTRY DINNERS ALL WEEK



I have been attempting to compete in the The Great Subsistence Experiment conceived of by Suburban Correspondent over at The More, The Messier. Her idea was to live off what is on hand for 2 weeks.




Now I admit, my participation is largely because I just didn't feel like going to the store last weekend and because I have been short on cash due to early holiday gift shopping. Also, the pantry and the freezer are very full, so there has to be enough to eat for at least a week of meals. And I'm curious about what is lurking in the back of the cabinet.




THIS IS WHAT I COOKED THIS WEEK:

Monday - Spaghetti and salad
Tuesday - Chicken with Stuffing and broccoli
Wednesday - Tortellini Soup with Spinach and bread
Thursday - Chicken Paprika with noodles and lima beans
Friday - Take out Greek food

Saturday - Turkey Burgers, oven fried zucchini




I plan to go on for a few more days, but went to the store for fruit, veggies, cream cheese, eggs and toilet paper. The pantry doesn't look much different, but the frig is bare and the freezer looks like it's time for a Costco trip.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Just found this! Sounds like you did better than I did that week!